Sunday, July 09, 2006

Chadian Pictures

Just thought I'd throw a couple pictures on here from today's activities, I'll write more later...hope everyone had a great weekend! Sorry if it reads like a childrens story. Jesse

After a rough day of automobile security watch, Monsieur Le Monkey finds himself exhausted



theres but one thing to do...nap. This is done after, and only after throwing his food at me and grooming my arm and leg hair, something I find myself learning to like (take note ladies)


What do you suppose a monkey dreams of?



Later, we tried unsuccesfully to rent some camels. It so happens that it was a holiday weekend and all the mid-size and economy camels were sold out, all they had left were the SUV models, so we opted out. Actually the camels wandered off into the desert and no one could find them. The kids here are watching their fathers ride off into the scrub on donkeys in search of the elusive economy camels.



This is the view down the road and to the right from the house I stay at. Just take a right at the dirt pile, follow the barbwire around the French military installation, wave at the AK47 and grenade launcher toting milita/rebel/army/thug/??? guys, take a left at the herd of goats, another left at the tree with all the donkeys underneath and there she is!

3 comments:

Bryce said...

What do you do when the monkey misbehaves? Do you punish the monkey? Is monkey spanking illegal in Chad?

Jesse said...

Not at all. Coincidently, monkey spanking is not only encouraged, but it is also a highly revered sport here in Chad and elsewhere across the African Sahel. I personally enjoy a good monkey spanking myself, letting the Monsieur know when he has been naughty. I sincerely hope this helps answer your question, Bryce.

Jesse said...

SHA-ma-DO-rk-W,
Where do I even begin to respond to that? Hmm. Unfortunately out of the list of possibilities, Monkey Disciplining (as we correctly call it) or Positive Monkey Action and Affirmation are the only two Animal 'sports' we have available here in Northeastern Chad. Southern Chad opens up a whole new avenue with the introduction of giraffes and their unusually long necks.